The Dallas Steeles

The Dallas Steeles

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve!!

I think back on all the GREAT Christmas Eve's I have had in my life and find myself becoming a little sad. We always celebrated Christmas Eve with my Grandma and Grandpa Standlee and the rest of my Mom's side. I can remember getting so excited about what was going to be in our stocking and what board game my Aunt and Uncle would get me this year! :) And now realizing this is going to be our first "real" Christmas, since Breckyn is two now and LOVES opening presents, that she will never know my Grandma and Grandpa. They were two of the most caring, special people this earth has ever seen. Grandpa, or as we called him "Papa," was so into Christmas (and 4th of July, but that is a whole nothing post! LOL!) and loved this time of year. And for some reason the White Christmas tree that they use to have always pops into my head! LOL!! I have so many great memories with my Grandparents and as an adult I wish my kids would be able to know them and have fun with then like we did. But I also know that my parents and Strider's parents will do plenty of spoiling and make fun memories like I have with my Grandparents. I just wish we didn't live 8 hours away from them! So, as I reminisce about the "good ole' days" I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment