The Dallas Steeles

The Dallas Steeles

Friday, October 7, 2011

Grandpa

I knew that one day I would lose my Grandparents, but even though I knew he was in failing health, I wasn't ready. My Grandpa was such a huge person in my life growing up. He taught me so many things. One thing I know he was proud of was teaching me to fish. LOL! Fishing was his passion and having us fishing with him made it even better. I remember it like it was yesterday too. We were out in the boat, and I had my brother's orange and white snoopy fishing pole. Grandpa told me to hold down the button and then "let go" when you "cast it." So, I literally let go and the pole when right into the water! LOL!! We couldn't even get to it in time to save it. I remember being so upset that I lost Chris' fishing pole because I knew he was going to be so mad at me! LOL!! A story that has been told for YEARS is a story I am going to tell my kids as well. :) But I also remember Grandpa laughing and reassuring me that it was OK and we can get Chris a new pole! LOL! He was such a strong, stubborn man who was going to do things in his own time, and no one was going to tell him when to do things! Which is probably where I get my "little" bit of stubbornness! ;) But after years of fighting a hard fight with his health he is at peace. I wasn't prepared for it even though I knew it was coming. But I do have to say, he looked so at peace at the funeral. He isn't in pain anymore and I am sure he up in heaven, in a boat, catching fish and drinking a beer! I am blessed that I have some amazing memories with him that I can share with my kids. Also, I have some great pictures of the kids with my grandparents as well. And anytime I miss my Grandpa all I have to do is look at Xander's ears, because they are a spitting image of my grandpa's! :) My Grandpa told me that when GOD was handing out ears he thought they said Beers and asked for two big ones! :) I will miss that man for than anyone knows, but I blessed to have had him in my life for almost thirty years, and I am comforted in knowing that he KNEW how much I loved him and how proud he was of me with the woman/mother I have become. RIP Grandpa, you will be missed everyday.





Xander and Grandpa


Breckyn giving Grandpa hugs

Giving Grandpa Kisses


No comments:

Post a Comment