The Dallas Steeles

The Dallas Steeles

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

When One Door Closes A Better One Opens!

Back on the 10th of January I was laid off from OCCMD, where I had worked for 2 years. I really enjoyed working there and loved the girls I worked with!! They were always so much fun! So, naturally I was super sad when it happened. On top of the general stress of being laid off I went home and worked on my resume ASAP. I started applying for jobs right away. I had multiple interviews with staffing firms, and some actual jobs. And I always felt as if they all went well. But last Monday (the 7th) I had an interview with an independent insurance company. The interview went AMAZING and I felt confident I had got the job. When I got home I had an e-mail form another company, Kimbley-Horn, about coming in for an interview. I went ahead and scheduled the interview for Thursday because I figured I would head something by then from the other job and then I could cancel this interview if he did offer me the job. Well, Tuesday came and went, and then Wed, and I decided I was going to go to the interview anyways.

So, I got all ready and headed out for the interview. I wasn't sure how I thought it was going but I knew I really liked the company. Also, I didn't want to get my hopes up either. So, after the interview I headed home only to get a call saying Xander was running a fever. Ugh. So I took him to the doctor right away. He ended up having an ear infection and got some antibiotics. On the way home from the doctor I got a call from Kimbley-Horn! They offered me the job!!!! The pay, benefits, ect. are all amazing!!! I couldn't believe it!!! WHOHOO!! So, now I could enjoy my time at home visiting friends/family without stressing out to bad! Pending m drug test and background check I am scheduled to start the 21st!!!! Right before my birthday! :) Happy Birthday to me! :) So, wish me luck and I am so excited about this job!

No comments:

Post a Comment