The Dallas Steeles

The Dallas Steeles

Sunday, May 9, 2010

2nd Mother's Day in the Books! :)

Well, we had a great day!! And really it all started yesterday!! First off, Strider and I started our backyard renovations!!! We are added a flagstone walk way from our gate to the deck, and redoing the flowerbed, aka "Dogs napping spot." LOL!! So Strider worked really hard on that!! While I kept our little princess occupied!



Strider starting to dig up the path!!!

Making progress on the path!!!






The path all leveled out and with the edging up on one side.






Second, My sister in law, Morgan, went into labor at 6pm Saturday (May 8th)!!! Her water broke and they went to the hospital! She had a loonnnggg 20 hour labor but baby Pearl Harriett Hall made it into the world at 1:47pm May 9th, MOTHER'S DAY! She weighed in at 9lbs 4oz and was 22inches long!!! So, she is a big baby! :) Morgan and Pearl are both doing well, but Pearl did break her clavicle during delivery, but the docs say within 6 weeks she will be perfect!!! I have only seen text pictures so far, but I am hoping to be able to see her soon!!!!



Baby Pearl 5-9-2010



As for MY Mother's Day, it started off with my jailbird breaking out of her bed again! LOL!! :) So, at 2am Breckyn and Mommy snuggled and TRIED to sleep, but I was so excited about my newest niece I could hardly sleep anyways! So, I watched a lot of Nick at Night! LOL!! So, we got up EARLY this morning and started getting ready for church!!! I taught the pre-schoolers Sunday School today, so our schedules were a little off today! :) I got a rose at church for Mother's Day and then we went to my favorite restaurant to eat lunch, Romas! YUM! Once we came home Breckyn and I took a nap and woke up to knowing that Strider and I were an Aunt and Uncle again! Breckyn made me the prettiest card too! It had nothing but pictures of her and her and I all over it!!! It was so beautiful!!! :) Finally, Strider cooked some chicken on the grill and we all settled in for the evening and watched TV!! Such a great day and I have to say that being a mom is the best thing in my life. I don't get paid, the hours are long, but the benefits are FAR better than any paying job could offer. I have to say thanks to the most beautiful little girl who has made my life so much better and worth living and she's only 19 months old! I look forward to many many more Mother's Day with my family!
Breckyn putting on her lip gloss before church!



Breckyn waiting around for Daddy to finish getting ready for church!








This is why its good to be a Mommy!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww this is such a sweet post Kassie! Happy Mother's Day! OMG Breckyn's hair in the last picture is soo cute!

    p.s.- Congrats on the arrival of your neice Pearl, she is a beautiful addition to you guys family!

    ReplyDelete